New Year - Same Ty (written January 2018)



Let's talk self esteem,

Over my visits home over the holidays a family member of mine told me it looked as if I had gained weight and lightened the comment with a "just means you've been eating good". I mean sure, I have been eating good. I brushed the comment off with a "haha sure have". Moments, minutes, days later I could tell this piece of information had sunken down in my head. It started to effect my mood and how I felt about myself. I went back to my apartment after the holidays with pressure and anxiety about how to get my weight down quickly. Here I am about 4-5 days from the conversation and I found myself turning circles in my local gym. As my journey with weight continues to be an on and off again battle I wanted to share some of the things I do to uplift myself on days when I feel low.

  1. Remember the things you love most about yourself.
  2. Take a few opportunities to focus on some of your favorite hobbies.
  3. Get out doors and enjoy natures beauty.
  4. Spend lots of time with loved ones as well as yourself.
  5. Do something productive. 
Even on my low days I find small ways to treat myself it is so important in your day to day. I've made it a promise to myself to be honest with not only myself but the people around me. sometimes our loved ones mean well, but the approach for the message lacks communication skills necessary for our growth and development in a positive way. I've made it my business to focus on what I want personally. I'm about my business this year. Super focused.



Current date:


          My world since the post above has completely changed. The woman I am today is much wiser, more tired, and finds less time for myself.I found this post to be incredibly appropriate to how I am feeling today. I read it and thought to myself how little things change internally all the while life keeps moving. I am a mother now to a son who just celebrated his first. A month after I wrote the original post I conceived. (TMI?) I guess to update you guys and sum it all up: I am still the same girl, just a few more lessons learned and a little more wiser this go round. As I am still battling an up and down with my weight I still aspire to find myself through clothing. It has always represented my confidence. I've grown to realize blogging and style will forever be my "thing".

         

Your girl has been doing her workouts and I could be biased, but its showing! It's something about the mental clarity and peace you get after working out consistently. For me, it gives me another something to be proud of. I'm focused and I'm ready to get this summer body r.e.a.d.y.



Yall okay so I really LOVE this dress, as soon as I slipped it on I felt super confident and was immediately feeling myself. OH and sis this is a size 14, I'm usually a 16. Don't forget to pick this cute LBD up. It's a must have.




Dress details: Femmeluxe 





Comments

Popular Posts